Wednesdays & Fridays | 8:15-8:45am
We have made it easy for you to include meditation as part of your weekly workout schedule at ALIGN. Join us before or after pilates, boxing, or barre, or as a stand-alone class.
Did you know that 30-minutes of meditation:
- Reduces stress
- Improves concentration
- Slows aging
- Boosts immunity
- Increases happiness
- And more!
Meditation 101 includes:
- A brief discussion period setting the tone for class
- Relaxation techniques
- Breathing exercises to calm and heal the nervous system
- Creating intentions and affirmations
- Sound healing and mantra
- Working with the energy of thoughts
- Guided meditation
- Learning to live a heart-centered life
Whether you have been meditating for years or are brand new to the practice, Meditation 101 is for all levels. Please read the brief descriptions in the About Our Meditation section to gain a deeper understanding of how meditation will benefit your life.
Foundations of Meditation: A Guide to Personal Transformation
January 21, 2018 | 2-3pm
Join Transformational Healer, Randi Marks, for an introductory workshop exploring the foundations of meditation and personal transformation. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn the basics of meditation before attending our Meditation 101 classes and Soul Series.
Learn more about the experience of meditation, myths surrounding the practice, and cultivating a daily practice. This workshop includes time for Q+A and guided meditation.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The myths, benefits, and experiences around meditation
- Breathing techniques and postures
- Different visualization techniques
- Using sound and mantra to enhance your practice
- To gain a deeper understanding of chakras, or energy centers of the body
- The keys to a successful daily practice
Please wear comfortable clothing, bring a blanket for warmth, and a journal and pen if you would like to take notes. Register early to save your cushion. We strive to keep classes intimate and personal so that you are able to receive the full attention you need while practicing meditation or participating in group discussion.